For every one freight item the United States exports globally, the United States imports four items. Three of those four items are imported from China. That is why it is important to understand the shipping process with China.
China’s economy, which plays an important role in shipping rates, can be best described as volatile in 2012 and in 2013. Carriers have implemented a GRI (General Rate Increase), 10 out of the 12 months of 2012. These trends are expected to continue in 2013 with a GRI implemented already in January and February
For all exports from Asia, carriers add a peak season surcharge from July to the 1st week of December, due to the high demand from retailers to have their merchandise in stock for the Christmas shopping season.
China is also a communist country with different regulations than the US.
To give you a better understanding of how to ship to or from China, imagine if you used Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) as your freight forwarder.
- Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) is the one of the few logistics companies that are licensed as a Class A Forwarder with China, which means that they can consolidate shipments from multiple shippers to one container for the same consignee.
- Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) ships through every major base port in China and they have daily sailings from each base port. In addition, they are able to handle export clearances from China as well as clearance and brokerage services for any location in the USA and any country in the World for foreign-to-foreign shipments.
- Looking for a good shipping rate from China? Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) offers customized bullet rates for each commodity to fit your needs and your budget.
- There are lots of major carriers that ship between China and the US – and Global(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) Forwarding has contracts with many of them. Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) also positions containers with slot charter partners to help save you more money.
- When your shipment arrives in the US, Global Forwarding (http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) has rail contracts with all major rail-lines, plus National and Regional networks of draymen to handle port-to-door, rail-to-door or door-to-door shipments across the entire US, and to Canada and Mexico.
- If you are exporting to China, Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) also provides expeditious door-to-door service, with direct feed to US Customs, including port-to-door, rail-to-door and door-to-door service.
- More importantly, Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1) is a logistics company that offers instant quotes for shipping to or from anywhere in the US to all major base ports in China. Head to GlobalForwarding.com(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1), input some simple information, and within seconds, you will get an instant freight online.
Shipping to or from China might seem daunting, but with the help of Global Forwarding(http://ow.ly/hCnQ1), it can be simple and efficient.